Bachelor in Film Studies (BFS) TU Syllabus
Bachelor in Film Studies (BFS) is an undergraduate degree program offered by the affiliated college of Tribhuvan University (TU), under the faculty of Humanity and Social Sciences. In South Asia, Nepal is the only country providing a Bachelor degree in Film Making (BFS).
BFS is a professional and strategically designed bachelor degree program of three years focusing on the subjects like History of Films, Basic film Theory, English, Nepali, History, Culture, Literature, Sociology & Anthropology and Psychology as core subjects. Direction, Acting, Motion Picture Photography, Audiography and Film Editing are the specialization subjects. Students have to choose any one subject among them as specialization subject for the completion of their bachelor degree.
- To prepare successful BFS graduates who can work as a professional film makers or in digital media.
- To prepare passionate, creative and enthusiastic human resources in the field of film industry/movie making.
- To prepare students for higher level of studies like Masters Level program in the area of Film Making, Photography or other related field.
- To provide international level theoretical and practical classes to the students to build up a deeper understanding and broaden their knowledge about the movie industry, film making and digital media.
- To provide knowledge on Literature, Sociology, Psychology and other social sciences to enhance the understanding and enjoyment of film as major art form.
- To help to develop technical skills and create the interest among the students and make them understand about the artistic vision of film making introducing them to the wide range of films.
- To prepare the graduates who can improve, promote and develop the film industry and digital media of our country.