Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
The objective of the BBS programme at the FOM is to develop students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. The programme is based on the principle that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality- based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations.
Upon graduation, students should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much needed jobs for others.
The BBS programme specially attempts to:
1. Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
2. Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
3. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
4. Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
The FOM recognizes the need for both breadth and depth in the total academic pattern. Therefore, the curriculum for BBS degree comprises four separate and distinct course components:
1. A strong foundation allied areas of business such as language, economic analysis, legal environment and quantitative method to prepare graduates to understand, analyze and comprehend the management concepts, theories and practices.
2. Core business studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduates with and appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of business and management issues.
3. The opportunity to concentrate in one area of specialization such as accounting, finance, human resources management and marketing in order to provide graduates with some degree of functional expertise.