BTTM Syllabus Tribhuwan University
Travel and Tourism Syllabus TU
Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM) is a Four years’ full time semester system course of Tribhuvan University, designed to produce professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to handle international tourist service operations including, handling, managing and planning tour, trek and rafting programs; domestic and international air ticketing; appreciate tourism development planning; implement sustainable tourism management policies; and be able to purser further advanced course in travel and tourism management.
The BTTM programme has been designed to prepare the students to enter the hospitality industry as middle management level employees and to serve in travel and tourism sectors. Upon completion of the course the students;
- Will have gained an understanding of travel and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically;
- Will be able to handle function of international tourist service operations including handling, managing and planning tours, treks and rafting programme and handling domestic and international air ticketing;
- Will be able to apprehend and appreciate tourism marketing, toursim development planning, management and measurement,
- Will be able to pursue further (advanced) course in travel and tourism management;
- Will develop an entrepreneur skill in the travel and tourism industry.