Generation Unlimited 2020
UNICEF and UNDP in partnership with King’s College and TyroCity.com invite young people aged 14-24 from all around Nepal to propose problem ideas and represent Nepal on a global stage.
About Generation Unlimited
Call for young female aspiring entrepreneurs for Generation Unlimited 2020
If you have a zeal to solve issues pertinent in your society, join us along with 50 other participants in an online design thinking workshop from 2-6 June 2020.
Through this workshop, we will select 5 most promising teams (3-5 members) who will receive a seed fund of NPR 100,000/- each and will be mentored by experts for 3 months to implement and create prototype for their business ideas.
Not only that, if your solution is the most promising one, you can also get a chance to represent Nepal in the global generation unlimited challenge with further funding up to $20,000 and a tailored global incubation program from Generation Unlimited partners to grow and scale your business.
The challenge in Nepal is being organized by UNICEF and UNDP. Event implemented by King’s College and TyroCity.com.
What we offer
Invitation to exclusive Social Innovation Bootcamp
Five days of the workshop run by experienced Design Thinking facilitators who will empower you and give you the tools to turn your questions into answers.
Experienced new-gen advisors who will guide you all the way in developing your exciting ideas. You are not alone!
Seed grant (NPR 100,000)
So you have the resources to test your ideas and create positive changes
Does your idea involve technology? No problem! We have experts who can give you hi-tech advice and make your idea shine, for example, support in design, prototype printing, application development etc.
Training on developing a business plan
We will teach you how to make a smart business plan, business model canvas and much more.
3 months of mentoring
The Bootcamp is just the beginning! If your team is ready to move forward, we will be there for you! With your personal mentor, you will support you to be able to change your community for real!
Opportunity to represent Nepal on a global stage among young social innovators.
Secure additional $20,000 seed grant to make your ideas come true. Let other countries learn from you!
Qualifications of the participants
You are qualified to apply if:
- You are 14 – 24 years old (before May 9, 2020)
- You are a team of 3 – 5 young people or agree to be part of a team (if applying individually)
- You must be a female, other gender holding a birth certificate or national citizenship card of Nepal
- Your team can participate in the following activities: One day orientation (during the last week of May), 5-Day Workshop on 2 – 6 June 2020 digitally
- If your project is selected as one of the 5 national teams, you will be able to participate in further mentoring until August 2020.
- If your project is selected on the global stage, you will need to be able to carry out your activities as required by UNICEF.
We focus on the diversity of your team: ethnicity, religions, disabilities, demographics etc.
For More Details: https://generationunlimited.tyrocity.com/