About the program
#IdeasChangeLives is a global innovation challenge by the British Council to find digital solutions to some of the world’s greatest problems.
Deadline: January 10, 2020
Cost of participation: None
Eligible Regions: Open for all
They are looking for people with a fresh, entrepreneurial spirit and a big idea that has the potential to make a positive impact for communities across the globe. This year, they are looking for ideas that will help to meet any or all of the targets within one of the three Global Goals for Sustainable Development below:
- Goal 4: Quality education (Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.)
- Goal 5: Gender equality (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.)
- Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth (Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.)
They looking for thoughtful, creative and unusual digital solutions. So, even if someone only has the very seed of an idea, as long as he/she has given it real thought, applications are encouraged. To help, it is to recommended to think carefully about the following before one applies:
- The need his/her idea addresses – be clear about which one of The Global Goals he/she is focusing on and the problem that idea could help to solve.
- How people will benefit – tell them why his/her idea matters to the people it is designed for and how it has the potential to positively impact thousands of lives.
- Why it’s compelling – the story behind the idea.
- The competition – demonstrate that he/she has a clear understanding and awareness of any competitors who may be working on similar products and tell them why his/her idea is different.
- The tools and resources needed to turn it into a product – it does not matter if the participant has not worked with technology before. What does matter is a clear understanding of how his/her idea will work in the real world.
The winners will be provided with the following benefits.
- Funding to get the idea off the ground (£20,000 in prize money to develop the product, no matter what stage the candidate is at.)
- Support to help the candidate succeed
- Mentorship for a full year
The following eligibility requirements are to be met by the applicants.
- The competition is open to anyone and everyone across the world.
- One can choose to apply as an individual or an organisation.
Click HERE to apply
For official link, please click HERE