Scientific Data Analysis by Astrophysical Research Group – Nepal
Restriction : Final years B.Sc and M.Sc Physics students aiming to do term paper or thesis research only
One of the vital components missing from current STEM curriculum is a formal education on numerical and computational analysis. In the workshop, we will aim to bridge this gap by teaching Python programing language and its scientific ecosystem. While Python is the main language of the workshop, prior knowledge of it is not necessary.
Following are the highlights of the workshop:
- Python installation, settings and introduction to some scientific modules
- Numerical and statistical modules, e.g., NumPy, Scipy, statsmodels
- Data visualization using Matplotlib
- Data manipulation and number crunching using Pandas
- Preparation of lab reports in Jupyter Notebook
- Calculation of uncertainties in Physical measurements
- Numerical analysis
- Calculus: differentiation, integration, solving differential equations
- Testing ideas from Classical, Mathematical and Quantum physics 2 weeks take-home research assignment
Dr. Prajwal Kafle, University of Western Australia, Australia
The workshop will be online and limited to 100 participants. Female and minority communities, especially from remote places, are encouraged to apply.
Alternative Sunday 5:30 – 6:30 pm (Nepali Time) starting from 14 June. The workshop will run for 8 weeks.
Registration closes on 7th June.
We recommend you have a decent internet connection and personal laptop/desktop to make the best use of the workshop. You can download and install Python for free from; https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/
Each student will be charged Rs 25 on a per session basis (Total Rs.200), which is to limit classes to interested candidates and cover some logistic cost. Fee will be fully waived for some candidates based on a compassionate ground.
Payment transfer: via eSewa (*selected candidates will get an eSewa payment ID)
Students accomplishing the workshop to a satisfactory level will receive certification of completion.
Google Form Registration : Click here
Contact: Astrophysical Research Group – Nepal (Facebook Group)