Applications are ongoing for Thought For Food Challenge 2019/20 with upto USD 10,000 in prize and an opportunity to attend TFF Academy & International Summit in Malaysia.
Deadline: January 24, 2020
Cost of participation: None
Eligible region: Worldwide (Open for all)
About the program
The Though For Food (TFF) Challenge is an annual global innovation competition focused on creating and accelerating successful, socially responsible food and agriculture startups in all parts of the world.
TFF calls on the next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs to develop new food and agriculture-related business concepts and ventures that improve livelihoods, replenish natural resources, sequester carbon, reduce waste and enhance health and nutrition. The projects should leverage cutting-edge technologies like biotech, blockchain, AI/machine learning, and robotics and incorporate collaborative, circular and inclusive business models.
The finalists of the round one of the Thought For Food Challenge will receive an expensepaid trip for up to five (5) team members to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit. The prize includes:
- Round-trip economy-class airfare from Finalists place of residence to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Likewise, hotel accommodations for the duration of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit
- Further, round trip airport transportation
- Also, meals during the TFF Academy and TFF Summit
Finalists of the round one who complete the TFF Academy will present their project live on stage at the Thought For Food Global Summit on March 26, 2020. TFF will award several prizes to the winners.
TFF will select a new winner from among the Finalists. The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project. While the Runner Up will receive $7,500 USD. Further, foundation partner organizations such will award additional cash prizes which includes:
- The Kirchner Award of $5,000 USD selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows and their independent criteria.
- The Borlaug Foundation Take it to the Farmer award of $2,500 USD selected by an independent committee determining which innovation most impacts farmers.
- Also, there is a possibility to add other prizes too
Individuals interested in transforming the world and the food system with the application of science, technology and business model innovation are eligible to enter the Thought For Food Challenge. Further, the individuals must meet the following criteria to participate in the challenge:
- The Challenge is open to individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 at the time of entry.
- In order to participate, teams must be comprised of at least 2 and no more than 5 eligible participants.
- Further, teams may be comprised of eligible participants from the same or different disciplines, communities, countries, universities, etc.
- A team may only submit one entry for the 2019 TFF Challenge
- However, employees, vendors, and contractors of Foundation and of Foundation donors or their affiliates are not eligible to enter or win
Click HERE to apply by signing up at TFF website
For more information, please visit TFF Challenge