Applications are invited for Using Gender Data Awards organized by UN Women office in Nepal.
Deadline: February 14, 2020
Cost of participation: None
Eligible region: Nepal
About the program
In November 2019, UN Women launched the “Using Gender Data” Award in the Asia and Pacific to recognize the contribution of university students (or a team of students who worked on the same entry) who use different types of media products to make gender data visible and tell stories about gender equality. The Award focuses on gender equality across different sustainable development fields. Participants are invited to explore gender inequalities or gender-relevant issues across one or more of the Sustainable development Goals using gender data and to explore how these data can
inform public decision-making.
Winners of this contest will be invited to the United Nations Regional Headquarters for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand, to present their projects in the Spring 2020. Successful students will receive the Award on March 8th, 2020 in occasion of the celebration of the International Women’s Day at the UN Women Nepal
Through the “Using Gender Data” Award, UN Women provides students in Nepal with the opportunity to familiarize and understand the incredible power of gender data to trigger change and to promote a society where the same opportunities are offered to both men and women.
- All students in Nepal’s public and private universities (Bachelors and above) are invited to participate;
- Entries can be made individually or in groups (maximum 3 people);
- Students must submit original work;
- Only English-language projects will be accepted.
Entries may be submitted by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com
Each entry must include:
- Contact details of all authors;
- Dates of birth of each author;
- Educational affiliation of each author (School, program and a scanned copy of Certificate of enrollment);
- All materials related to the project (e.g. if the project includes links to specific resources, such resources must be
submitted as well).
- Winners will be notified via email, and the names of winners will be announced on 29th February 2020;
- Winners will be invited to the UN Regional Headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand for a one-day presentation and gathering. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered by UN Women.
- Awards will be evaluated based on:
- powerful messaging;
- degree of use of official statistics;
- and power to convey information on gender inequalities (within the context of the Sustainable Development Goals and related fields) to expert and non-expert audiences.