About the program
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approx. 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Program Date: July 1 – August 28, 2020
Cost of participation: Fully-Funded
Program Location: Vienna, Austria
Eligible Region: Worldwide
The summer school aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship.
The school is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes: Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Gregor Mendel Institute, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and the Max Perutz Labs and is generously sponsored by the Max Birnstiel Foundation.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week summer school program
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
To apply at the summer school, the applicants must:
- Have completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Have some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrollment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- Apply online through the given link.
- Applicants must upload enrolment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of applicant’s course.
- Applicants will also need to upload a proof of enrollment for the next academic year. If this is not possible, they should upload a personal statement with the programmes that they have/will apply for.
- All uploaded documents that are not in English or German should have a translation attached. The translation can be done by the applicant.
- The summer school does not charge an application fee.
Click HERE to apply
For official link, please click HERE